Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

An Irrevelent Rant of An Ambiguous Old Man

(An Irrevelent Rant of An Ambiguous Old Man) I asked my pastor how should I proceed in the case of a church member whose handshakes I was uncomfortable with.  She would grip my hand and massage my palm with her index finger.  It proved to be rather un-nerving especially if someone was watching.  A private conversation did not produce the desired effect.  The matter escalated  with the lady showing up at my house in a half naked state of dress.  My pastor's advice was not to have anything to do with the lady, don't even shake her hand.  A visiting minister observed my reactions and interactions with this lady and immediately he was inspired, (he said God gave him the message) to preach about church people who thought they were too good to shake a certain person's hand.  He made his points as he staired into my eyes.  The handshaking experience left me feeling as if I had been raped.  The preacher's message left me feeling hurt, not bitter.   I was judged unfairly based upon false perception and the judgement still stand.   Tonight, at 3:PM I am wondering why would God give him that message.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment