Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

(An Irrelevant Rant of An Ambiguous Old Man)

(An Irrelevant Rant of An Ambiguous Old Man) The spiritual cliché mill is running full blast.  Somehow, in todays society cute spiritual clichés and motivational sound bites is supposed to solve all problems.  There are many of us who have gone through traumatic experiences in life and still suffer in silence.   Much of the suffering is caused by those who carry the mandate of a servant of God.   Spurious billionaire speakers, that we have created and give credence to because they represent what we want,  spout vague, but cute phrases like,  “God told me to tell you he is getting ready to answer your prayer”, and the church say ‘amen”.   It seems as if our awesome God loves to speak in the non definitive, “Somebody is going to be…”

There is hardly a day pass that I don’t think of the sudden passing of my younger brother.  He had brought me home from the hospital after completing my first phase of radiation treatment for cancer, and the next day he was dead.  Scrolling thru my social media feed  I see this “God will not allow sudden death to take you away.  You will fulfil your divine mandate.”  I could feel a certain lack of sensitivity in that statement, The next one said, “Our God is an awesome God”, true but what are you saying?  My car is blue, Ok.  After reading the last one that said, “God can do anything but fail”, I was transported to a very dark place and I like many of us, after reading that phrase will find our comfort zone shattered as our faith is made to dwindle  and  we pray to God with tears in eyes to open up our understanding and give us peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment